Sunday, February 24, 2013

I have a fiancé now — Bisi Ibidapo-Obe

Bisi Ibidapo-Obe
Background
I’m Bisi Ibidapo-Obe, a Nollywood  actress.
Acting is a passion
I have always been passionate about acting. When I was in the secondary school, I loved entertainment. So, imagine how I felt when my father insisted that I read law. I do not blame him because a large percentage of my family members are lawyers. I rejected my father’s advice and went to Ebute-Meta, Lagos, where I met a popular actor, who introduced me to acting. The first film I featured in was Edunjobi.  Then, I was not after money. I just wanted to be famous. I wanted to be like my bosses-Yinka Quadri and Taiwo Hassan. It was not easy climbing the ladder of success but I thank God for what I have become today.

Life as an actress
Acting is profitable and it has opened a lot of doors. I can proudly say that I am a successful actress.  Featuring in many films? I did at a time but I withdrew when I was pregnant. I also don’t fancy featuring in just any film. I have produced a few movies. Producing a good movie is capital intensive and I spend over N15m on any film I produce. I go for big projects. That’s why it takes like three years for me to produce another one. I will produce, then make sure that I premiere within and outside Nigeria in order to recoup whatever I have spent.
Stereotypes
I don’t believe actresses are the pictures some people paint. Actresses are not loose. They are not promiscuous and we get married and live normal lifestyles like other women. Acting is just a career. That I interpreted the role of a loose girl in any movie should not make anyone think I am loose! I am first Bisi Ibidapo-Obe, before any character in any film.
Motherhood
It is exciting! It is an experience I pray every woman goes through. Luckily for me, I had my parents and family members who stood by me when I was pregnant. Also, I had my friends who supported me despite what went around in the media about who impregnated me. God was with me. In fact, I had a wonderful time and never suffered any illness. I was strong and still going about my other businesses. Everyone stood by me and there was no time to go into depression. Contrary to rumours, I was in my home  and I  was never evicted. I am as comfortable as ever. When the baby came last year, it was a hitch-free delivery. It was a girl and we christened her Destiny Oluwajomiloju Dino-Melaye. I am savouring  all that motherhood has brought my way.
I have a fiancé
I must confess that I never knew my love affair with the father of my baby would turn awry but it did. Fortunately for me, the guy I was dating before stood by me when my daughter’s father  rejected me. He saw all that happened as a script written by God, which had to play out. He stood by me throughout the pregnancy and he is still there for me. I am not bothered about any issue now. I just pray that the joy God has given me will live forever! Indeed, I am fulfilled as a woman.
Fashion
It is a passion I live daily. I love looking good! Anytime I travel abroad, I buy dresses. I love dresses. I love good make-up too. I can spend any amount on a nice dress, pairs of shoes and a beautiful bag. Jewellery? I am not a freak for gold. I am more comfortable with costume jewellery.
Advice to other actors
Be yourself and don’t strive to be like someone else. Pray and the sky would not be your limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment