Tuesday, February 5, 2013

6 Things That Can Affect Your Success In Life

8ddd66bf7f268ad1d1dc6cc411ac923f
Success they say is more of a decision than the generally believed luck, and luck has even been said to be something that manifests when opportunity meets preparation. here are the few reason why we think some people do  not succeed.
Reality Check #1: Learn how to manage money
I recently hung out with a few young adults who are looking to grow their career. They are sharp, smart, and hard working. The problem is they don’t know how to manage their money. They’ve maxed out their credit cards and don’t have much money in their bank accounts, yet they’ll spend $150 on luxuries services.
If luxury services make you happy, by all means get them. But you shouldn’t be spending money on things like that when you have large amounts of debt. I personally didn’t indulge in luxury items until I was making over 6 figures in income.

Now I am not trying to tell you what you should or shouldn’t do with your money because at the end of the day it is your life and you should do whatever will make you happy. But if you want to succeed in business you need to learn how to manage money. If you can’t pay your bills on time, pay employees or learn how to collect checks you’ll run into a lot of cash issues. Without money you won’t be in business for long.
Reality Check #2: Don’t take opportunities for granted
Just last month I got a hair cut from a great hair stylist who seems to have more clients than she can deal with it. She wanted to expand her business and open up a decent size salon. So I offered to meet up with her and potentially invest in her idea if she could come up with a plan that made sense.
To make a long story short, I met up with her and she came unprepared. In addition to that I offered her a second chance by telling her to get back to me with a plan, but I still haven’t heard anything from her…
If she didn’t take the opportunity for granted she probably would have had the money she wanted to create the salon of her dreams. I already knew she was a good hair stylist from my friends and I knew that she would have clients as she already has more than she can deal with.
No matter whom you meet or what people offer you, don’t ever take things for granted. You never know who can help you out and what they can do for you.
Reality Check #3: Ideas are a dime a dozen
Every week I literally get a handful of people who want feedback on their business idea. These are ideas that people are passionate about, but they never execute.
For example, 6 months ago I had a gentlemen come to me who wanted to create a cloud based storage service for people who watch P0*nographic content. Think of it as a Dropbox, but for P0*n.
Although the idea sounded great, he never did anything with it. If you want to succeed, you have to execute. Things like ideas don’t matter, execution does. This is the reason why companies like Facebook, Twitter and Groupon are doing so well because they are able to execute.
Don’t waste your time telling hundreds of people your business ideas, just get out there and do it.
Reality Check #4: Communicate, communicate, and communicate some more
My generation loves to text message and use Facebook. But what they suck at compared to the other generations is responding to emails and answering phone calls.
In my experience the number one reason people miss out on an opportunity is because they are horrible at communicating. And more importantly they are horrible at communicating through the normal channels most business folks are used to… email and phone.
Make sure you are on top of things and you respond to people in a timely fashion. It will make you look great and it will help you keep your clients happy.
Reality Check #5: Emotions and business don’t mix
If you know me, you know that I am not an emotional person. Most things are either black or white to me and I always do what is best for my business even if it hurts “feelings.”
For the past few months I have been hanging out with people who are my age. I’ve realize they have a lot of unchecked emotions and drama in their lives. This in turn has made me more emotional which has started to effect my business decisions. I have started to slowly cut these emotion filled people out of my life.
If you want to succeed in the business world you have to learn how to make decisions based off of logic and not emotion. It’s not always going to be easy, but it’s what you have to do to make wise decisions. If for some reason you aren’t able to think straight: don’t make any decisions. Sleep on your emotions until you have a logical answer or get some guidance from a peer.
Reality Check #6: F may come before W, but Work comes before Fun
Who doesn’t want to have fun? right? I know I do, but you need to learn to only have fun after all of your work is done. For example I haven’t taken a vacation in 10 years because I need to continually work on my start-up.
Don’t get me wrong, I have fun, but I always put work ahead of having fun. It sounds easy when you are making a decent chunk of change, but at the beginning it ends up being a bit difficult because you won’t be making heaps of cash.
If you can learn to put work ahead of having fun, you’ll do well in life… especially if you are a hard worker. You just have to be patient as you won’t see the benefits of this in the short run.
Conclusion
Just because I’ve stated why you won’t succeed it doesn’t mean you can’t change. Everyone, including me, has flaws. Don’t get depressed or feel hopeless, do something about it!
If you are wiling to change you can succeed. You just have to learn how to spot the roadblocks in your life and solve them. And if for some reasonyou aren’t able to solve them, don’t be afraid to get help from others.
I hope you can prove me wrong! If you need help or guidance in business, don’t be afraid to leave a comment and ask for help. I promise that I’ll do my best to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment