Monday, August 14, 2017

LUKAKU'S SPECIAL CONNECTION WITH RASHFORD


Romelu Lukaku has admitted he and Marcus Rashford share a special connection after Manchester United’s fantastic opening Premier League win over West Ham at Old Trafford.

Jose Mourinho’s men ran out 4-0 victors on Sunday afternoon as the big Belgian netted either side of the break, before Anthony Martial and Paul Pogba rounded off the performance with a goal apiece.

Lukaku and Rashford combined neatly for the Reds’ first goal and, after the match, the former Everton star revealed that the pair struck up a good relationship from the moment he joined the club.

“With me and Marcus, there’s something special,” Lukaku told MUTV. “Hopefully we can produce even more [in the future] than we did today.”

“We clicked from the first day that I arrived, and I knew that he would help me settle in at the club.

“I knew Jesse [Lingard] from before, and Paul, they’re probably my closest friends in the dressing room, but I get on with everybody in the team.”

Lukaku has got his United career off to a flyer with a fine brace on his Old Trafford bow to follow his Super Cup strike, but he revealed he was a little disappointed he could not make it three.

“I wish it was three goals and a hat-trick to be fair,” he said. “I was thinking about [the third goal] – I’m a striker so I’m always thinking about scoring goals.

“Strikers are there to score goals and, if you stick to your job, you’re going to do well.

“But, at the end, of the day I want to win and the team wants to win. So I’m really happy that everybody performed well and that we’ve set a high standard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment